Lin-Manuel Miranda reveals tracklist for upcoming ‘The Hamilton Mixtape’
The mixtape, which opened for preorders Friday, will feature Nas, John Legend, The Roots and Andra Day
Would you believe me if I told you Lin-Manuel Miranda is about to drop the hottest mixtape of 2016? Just you wait.
Miranda released the tracklist to his latest musical endeavor Wednesday afternoon. It features a lineup of top musical talent just as diverse as the cast of the Broadway play, Hamilton. The project, simply titled, The Hamilton Mixtape, will feature covers of songs originally sung in the now iconic musical as well as a handful of original songs.
Miranda announced the project back in March, originally detailing to Vanity Fair that he was working on the mixtape with The Roots’ Questlove, and that it would feature artists such as Chance The Rapper, Queen Latifah and Common. While those features alone could make any album, Miranda was only teasing audiences. The full tracklist includes songs from Usher, Wiz Khalifa, Nas, John Legend, Busta Rhymes, Andra Day, The Roots and Miranda, who originally said he would not feature himself on the album.
And if that isn’t enough, let’s not forget a reunion of Ja Rule and Ashanti. The two will be collaborating for a cover of Helpless.
Late Thursday night, Miranda released two singles from the mixtape to help hold eager fans over until the release date. Listeners can stream the cover of My Shot by The Roots, which features Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz and Nate Ruess, as well as a cover of It’s Quiet Uptown, sang by Kelly Clarkson.
The release date for the mixtape is expected to be Dec. 2. Preorders for the highly anticipated album opened Friday morning.
Check out the full The Hamilton Mixtape tracklist here:
- No John Trumbull (Intro) — The Roots
- My Shot (feat. Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz & Nate Ruess) [Rise Up Remix] — The Roots
- Wrote My Way Out — Nas, Dave East, Lin-Manuel Miranda & Aloe Blacc
- Wait For It — Usher
- An Open Letter (feat. Shockwave) [Interlude] — Watsky
- Satisfied (feat. Miguel & Queen Latifah) — Sia
- Dear Theodosia (feat. Ben Folds) — Regina Spektor
- Valley Forge (Demo) — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- It’s Quiet Uptown — Kelly Clarkson
- That Would Be Enough — Alicia Keys
- Immigrants (We Get The Job Done) — K’naan, Snow Tha Product, Riz MC, Residente
- You’ll Be Back — Jimmy Fallon & The Roots
- Helpless (feat. Ja Rule) — Ashanti
- Take A Break (Interlude) — !llmind
- Say Yes To This — Jill Scott
- Congratulations — Dessa
- Burn — Andra Day
- Stay Alive (Interlude) — J.PERIOD & Stro Elliot
- Slavery Battle (Demo) — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Washingtons By Your Side — Wiz Khalifa
- History Has Its Eyes On You — John Legend
- Who Tells Your Story (feat. Common & Ingrid Michaelson) — The Roots
- Dear Theodosia (Reprise) — Chance The Rapper & Francis and The Lights