Trophy road trippin’
Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl Trophy Tour presented by Coca-Cola to kick off 11-city tour
The last time we caught a glimpse of the Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl trophy, it was surrounded by a horde of exuberant North Carolina A&T State University football players who were hoisting it with pride after beating Alcorn State University in the inaugural game last December.
Sponsored by Coca-Cola, the trophy is set to be sent on an 11-city tour, including four preseason games and six regular-season stops, before ending on Dec. 17 in Atlanta, when the champions of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) and Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) will battle for the right to be crowned 2016 champion.
While the trophy is every player’s dream, fans, too, are encouraged to get a piece of the action. At each stop, fans and students will be encouraged to take photos with the trophy, using the hashtag #AFRCBTrophyTour, for a chance to win VIP access to events to be held around this year’s Celebration Bowl.
The 11 stops for the trophy tour:
- Southern University vs. Jackson State University (SWAC) Jackson, Mississippi (Oct. 15)
- Howard University Homecoming (MEAC) Washington, D.C. (Oct. 22)
- N.C. A&T Homecoming Greensboro, North Carolina (Oct. 29)
- Magic City Classic (SWAC) Birmingham, Alabama (Oct. 29) on ESPN Networks
- Florida Blue Florida Classic (MEAC) Orlando, Florida (Nov. 19) on ESPN Networks
- SWAC Championship (SWAC) Houston (Dec. 3) on ESPN Networks
- Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl Atlanta (Dec. 17) on ABC