Show Us You’re Undefeated
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Undefeated is the premier platform for exploring the intersections of race, sports and culture. We enlighten and entertain with innovative storytelling, original reporting and provocative commentary. Not conventional. Never boring.
Check out our current job openings below, and show us you’re Undefeated.
The Undefeated is seeking a Senior Editor for its Sports Vertical to work with a team of editors and writers to develop and publish content of all sizes and types. This individual will work to produce a large number of compelling and accurate stories, both daily news stories and long-term features. This position requires outstanding sports knowledge as well as proficiency in social media and WordPress and outstanding interoffice and communication skills.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. and this position requires the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.
- Editing multiple writers for The Undefeated site.
- Generate a high volume of features, columns, and blog post ideas that are appropriate for all levels of the website.
- Utilize appropriate multi-media pieces for individual pieces.
- Leverage internal relationships to further life cycles of stories across ESPN platforms.
- Participate in multiple weekly meetings with his or her peers in a productive manner.
- Minimum of 5 years of editorial experience as an editor or writer for a publication.
- Has solid communication skills, and experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Has advanced competence in writing, editing and reporting.
- Has advanced understanding of some major areas of popular culture.
- Has a basic appreciation and knowledge of all sports.
- Has solid news journalism experience and news judgment; understands sports from a journalistic point of view.
- Has understanding of HTML and related Web-authoring tools and software.
- Has strong English grammar and excellent organizational skills.
- 7-10 years of editorial experience.
- Well versed in African-American history.
- Has good understanding of the market positioning and strategies of digital content delivery.
- Has familiarity with major Internet search engines and fluency in electronic newsgathering techniques, including quickly navigating the Internet.
- Experience managing a team or editors and writers.
- High school diploma and a suitable* combination of related training and experience.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of five years’ direct professional editorial and/or reporting experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.