Show Us You’re Undefeated
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Undefeated is the premier platform for exploring the intersections of race, sports and culture. We enlighten and entertain with innovative storytelling, original reporting and provocative commentary. Not conventional. Never boring.
Check out our current job openings below, and show us you’re Undefeated.
The Undefeated is seeking a part-time Photo Editor to continue to push our creative vision. The individual will be responsible for overseeing the production of original photography and digital content for The Undefeated, reporting to the Senior Photo Editor. The person should understand the values of a great storytelling image and how to use those to create compelling photo stories. The candidate should be able to manage assignments from on and off location and create ideas for unique presentations. The ability to work quickly and diligently in this online environment is essential. Thorough understanding of and familiarity with photo imaging requirements, e.g., applicable software packages for photo imaging, e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, InDesign and Illustrator required. Experience working in a deadline oriented environment also required.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. and this position requires the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.
- Supports the Senior Photo Editor and reporting teams to help ensure that all photographs and visual images meet standards for quality, look and feel.
- Contributes to the daily photo content production of The Undefeated newsroom.
- Develops visual solutions for stories and features.
- As assigned, represents photo department on design teams that create visual support for stories and features.
- Generates innovative, imaginative and original ideas for photo-driven stories.
- Organizes and participates in assigned photo shoots.
- Curate, post and manage The Undefeated’s photo galleries of original and wire photography.
- Researches and recommends the selection of stock and directed photos.
- Uses photo editing skills to reinforce the reporting efforts with photographs that enrich and inform the distinct look and feel of The Undefeated.
- Minimum 4 years’ photo editing experience although other experience within the photo business would be considered.
- Can follow and support the visual and photographic aspects of stories at all stages of development.
- Has strong knowledge of and passion for photography, sports photography, and photographic trends.
- Exercises solid photojournalism experience and judgment.
- Possesses knowledge of major sports and major cultural events.
- Facile in Photoshop and Photo Mechanic.
- Has a strong appreciation and knowledge of sports, news and culture.
- Has understanding of social media, including Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Facile in Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, photography, communications, online/multimedia or related field and a minimum of 2 years’ direct professional experience OR a high school diploma and a suitable* combination of related training and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, photo editing or photography.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this role
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.